Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happiness: giving away what you want the most





As this still secretively a TED relay channel, it's time for another inspirational story from my favorite source. I stumbled upon this talk by Eve Ensler, the author of the Vagina Monologues. The play never really appealed to me; I guess I thought it would be about trashy women discussing their sex life. Well, after watching this, I would like to see the play. Eve has managed to use the monologues as an outlet for stories of abuse and as a start for happy tales. Through her V-day movement, a global movement to stop violence against women, she has saved many women's lives. My favorite quote: "Happiness exist in action, it exists in telling the truth and saying what your truth is and it exists in giving away what you want the most".

No comments:

Post a Comment