Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Autonomy, Mastery, Purpose.

Sometimes, everything just comes together. The trainer of a course in Capacity Building I took last week, Simon Koolwijk, advised reading 'A whole new world' by Dan Pink. I had never heard of the book nor the writer. Then, on one of my 'let's watch a TED video night' I clicked on the clip below. Why? It had motivation in the title. And as I find motivation a very hard thing to crasp, I watched. Well, coincidentally, it was Dan Pink speaking, And convincingly too. He says intrinsic motivation is all about
autonomy, mastery and purpose. You need to be free to explore, to keep on improving and you need to do something for reaching a higher goal. No more from me now. Please watch! And by the way, I'm reading his book. Will review it later!

No comments:

Post a Comment